Buyer Beware Programs
With Office Supply Scams—a form of telemarketing fraud which is costing U.S.
businesses an estimated $200 million a year, Toshiba America Business Solutions
(TABS) wants to bring more attention to these operations that are selling toner
at inflated costs. We want to share the information related to associated company
references, the key tactics that we are finding and to share steps to take to
avoid office supply fraud.
Commercial product counterfeiting of trademarked and copyrighted merchandise
is a multi-billion dollar parasite on international business.
- Annual counterfeiting loses are estimated to be:
- $600B Worldwide
- $250B in the U.S. alone
- The Imaging Supplies Coalition ("ISC") estimates the impact to be over $3 billion
annually worldwide in the Imaging Supplies Industry for their products.
- One hundred percent of the ISC member companies report that they have experienced
counterfeiting of their supplies products in the past year, including TOSHIBA
AMERICA BUSINESS SOLUTIONS, INC.
Who Loses? Everyone!
- Manufacturers lose revenue, profit and brand loyalty.
- Resellers lose because they must compete with these illegal products on low price.
- Governments lose when jobs are lost and taxes are not paid.
- Most of All customers lose because they do not get what they pay for.